Monday, June 29, 2009
Ghanaian Church Service
Our first Sunday in Ghana Erik, the pastor of a Baptist church, and the head of Soverign Global Mission, and his wife invited our group to attend his church service. It was very interesting. He gave much of the service in English and then he or his assistant would translate into Twi. The feel and atmosphere was so different from my own church. They tried to make us feel welcome but there were times that I was uncomfortable. For example, during the prayer time everyone was talking out loud most in Twi, some in English. That was something that I was not used to witnessing. The choir was very good and I recognized the song and was able to sing along. Erik had us each introduce ourselves and give our marriage status, just in case we were looking for a Ghanaian husband. I have to admit I was a little happy to be able to say that I am married. There were several young men who took notice of who was single and made a point to introduce themselves to those girls. We met Erik and Felicia’s children Chadwik and Afralia. The service was very good and uplifting, but three hours was a little long to be in the heat listening to the service. I was glad that we had been invited.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment